Wednesday, August 22, 2007

On 'Notes to Myself' - 2

Idleness at workplace is not new to me. In my career of 5 years, I have spent close to three years in effect like this. But one so thorough and so comprehensive had never come my way. 8 hours of unconditional daily billability, hourly coffee parleys, daily luncheon trips, aimless socializing and a decent (if not handsome) salary every month. I have started considering myself mother IT's own kid or may be the Son in Law.

Well, in all these years, I have grown up to be comfortable with this state and particularly in this stint I am enjoying a different beat altogether. While doing or rather despite doing all the funny activities all the day, this idleness gives me an enormous amount of solitude. Even though there is no extreme occupancy to dilute in these moments of idleness or my life is not so cluttered with unwanted people that I have to seek solitude, its just another layer of cream on the cake of my life.

Today was another such day when I was idle and I was almost alone. I was analyzing my situation and while doing so, I picked up 'Notes to Myself' after a long time. I wrote about it when I picked up last and here I am with my next pick.


"I need solitude like I need food and rest, and like eating and resting, solitude is most healing when it fits the rhythm of my needs. A rigidly scheduled aloneness does not nourish me."


Well, you are in a state of mind, struggling with the precise words to document your thoughts, you suddenly pick up a book, flip a few pages, read random lines and suddenly you find your answer. How often does this happen to you. I feel like I picked up a mirror. 'Hugh Prather' is amazing and I am sure he has amazed numerous people and has left them in same state of mind as I am. Admiring and wondering, marvelling and content.

I feel no need to analyze his lines and write further. I will close this piece with a very satisfied self.

4 comments:

Siddhartha said...

Its one of my favourite book too, and I just can't stop being amazed how in whatever mood you ar e, you always find something to ponder about in this nice little book.

Anonymous said...

louis vuitton, canada goose, pandora jewelry, replica watches, canada goose outlet, moncler, moncler, ugg boots uk, ugg pas cher, marc jacobs, louis vuitton, doudoune canada goose, moncler, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, moncler, pandora charms, sac louis vuitton pas cher, links of london, moncler outlet, canada goose uk, moncler, canada goose, hollister, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, coach outlet, canada goose, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, bottes ugg, pandora charms, moncler, thomas sabo, swarovski, juicy couture outlet, wedding dresses, canada goose, moncler, supra shoes, canada goose outlet

Anonymous said...

insanity workout, baseball bats, hollister, nike roshe, ghd, nfl jerseys, new balance, celine handbags, mac cosmetics, wedding dresses, valentino shoes, hollister, timberland boots, louboutin, birkin bag, nike air max, gucci, north face outlet, reebok shoes, beats by dre, bottega veneta, toms shoes, hollister, asics running shoes, mcm handbags, oakley, vans shoes, instyler, jimmy choo shoes, converse outlet, nike air max, ferragamo shoes, longchamp, herve leger, chi flat iron, north face outlet, converse, soccer jerseys, abercrombie and fitch, ralph lauren, montre pas cher, lululemon, vans, ray ban, soccer shoes, babyliss, karen millen, p90x workout, lancel, mont blanc

Anonymous said...

louboutin outlet, tiffany jewelry, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, nike free, jordan shoes, prada handbags, longchamp outlet, air jordan pas cher, replica watches, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louboutin pas cher, christian louboutin outlet, coach outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, prada outlet, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, michael kors, nike air max, cheap oakley sunglasses, replica watches, kate spade outlet, chanel handbags, louboutin, polo ralph lauren outlet, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, kate spade handbags, nike free, oakley sunglasses, uggs on sale, air max, nike air max, sac longchamp, gucci outlet, longchamp pas cher, ugg boots, nike roshe run, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin shoes, longchamp, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, burberry, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren outlet