Thursday, July 30, 2009

Do I really need to think of a title...??

A few minutes back I was trying hard to sleep but to no avail. Well, on a day like this when pretty much everybody took me for granted and had his way, why would the 'Sleep' come easy. Flustered from the way the day had proceeded, I finally decided to retire myself but as I said: sometimes, nobody obliges. I had to get up a few minutes later and soon I found myself busy on my bookshelf. I spent some time here and there and then I decided on my old favorite 'Notes to Myself'. Somehow, it has always proved why it deserved to be my favorite.

As always, I opened a random page and found Mr Prather, the mind reader, smiling at me. Again, he precisely knew my state of my mind and he knew it will calm me down if he allows me to use that page as a mirror to my mind.

Here is another excerpt.

"Boredom or discontent is useful to me when I acknowledge it and see clearly my assumptions that there is something else I would rather be doing or happening to me. In this way, boredom can act as an invitation to freedom by opening me to new options and thoughts. For example, If I cant change an activity, can I look at it more honestly?"


followed immediately by:

"I have recently noticed that intermittently my mind takes a quick internal survey to my activities up to that point in the day to determine my progress. This process is spontaneous, almost unconscious, and seems inherent. If what I have done does not appear to further my advancement, I feel slightly depressed and enervated, and I sense a desire to head in a destructive direction. Any direction seems preferable to no direction at all. But that is not the actual alternative."


Sometimes, when there is no real solution or salvation to a flustered mind, mere reflection or being able to express it helps a lot. Guess I can go to sleep now :)

3 comments:

Siddhartha said...

Notes to Myself used to be an absolute faourite of mine, it still has a place in my bookshelf though been a while since I turned its pages ;)

But I used to be amazed how it used to have something so precise for each situation so often :)

I remember RK Narayan once wrote something like that 99% of what happens in one's life is same across everyone. Probbaly thats true

Unknown said...

louis vuitton, canada goose, pandora jewelry, replica watches, canada goose outlet, moncler, moncler, ugg boots uk, ugg pas cher, marc jacobs, louis vuitton, doudoune canada goose, moncler, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, moncler, pandora charms, sac louis vuitton pas cher, links of london, moncler outlet, canada goose uk, moncler, canada goose, hollister, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, coach outlet, canada goose, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, bottes ugg, pandora charms, moncler, thomas sabo, swarovski, juicy couture outlet, wedding dresses, canada goose, moncler, supra shoes, canada goose outlet

Unknown said...

insanity workout, baseball bats, hollister, nike roshe, ghd, nfl jerseys, new balance, celine handbags, mac cosmetics, wedding dresses, valentino shoes, hollister, timberland boots, louboutin, birkin bag, nike air max, gucci, north face outlet, reebok shoes, beats by dre, bottega veneta, toms shoes, hollister, asics running shoes, mcm handbags, oakley, vans shoes, instyler, jimmy choo shoes, converse outlet, nike air max, ferragamo shoes, longchamp, herve leger, chi flat iron, north face outlet, converse, soccer jerseys, abercrombie and fitch, ralph lauren, montre pas cher, lululemon, vans, ray ban, soccer shoes, babyliss, karen millen, p90x workout, lancel, mont blanc